Happy (late) spring equinox!


I really suck at blogging these days! Seems to be impossible to sit down and write when there's so much other things to do!

Yesterday was spring equinox, which marks end of long Nordic winter and beginning of slowly aproaching spring that will eventually turn into busy and noisy Nordic summer.

This year I'm most likely to skip gardening due to all those renovation plans we've been making and take the easy way by bying some seedlings from the market. I think the biggest gardening plan for the summer might be cutting down some berry bushes and felling few apple trees to make room for things like clothesline. And I want to build a place where I can dye yarns on summer time.


Summer plans set aside, it's still feels pretty long way to spring. We still have over 40 cm of snow and there's even more to come, but as the old Finnish proverb goes, new snow is old snow's death in this time of the year. I trust in that.

But let's not be too negative, spring is already in the air, definitely. Days are long, and only getting longer as we aproach nightless nights and eventually Midsummer Day. Snow is slowly melting and it changes from midwinter's snow this wet and heavy spring snow.

To make room for summer plans I've been slowly cutting down the amount of knitting orders and for a long time I can't actually wait winter to be over. There's so much I want to do with this place and just this certain amount of time before it's winter again and renovations have to wit until next summer.

But spring is coming, definitely!

Comments